Are animated textures possible in LOPs/Karma?

2124   3   2
104 posts
I've tried several approaches but can't seem to find a way to have an animated texture (texture sequence) work in USD. Has anybody managed this or is it not possible?
104 posts
Ok, so this is fixed by turning on Allow Shader Parameter Animation on the materiallibrary LOP🤦
Edited by lloydwood - 2023年2月2日 10:58:38
122 posts
lloydwood
Ok, so this is fixed by turning on Allow Shader Parameter Animation on the materiallibrary LOP🤦
You can do that but as far as I know, it's not as performant as using an Edit Properties LOP later in the node tree so it has to recook less.
23 posts
Apologies for the thread necro...

I have a bunch geo brought in as USD assets that share a few of the same textures, but each assets has its own path to the material. To change any single one of those textures on one asset is super easy with an edit material properties node.

What I'm trying to figure out: Is there a simple way to change every instance of a particular texture for all assets?

I was thinking of putting the edit material properties further down the chain and try wildcards for the various textures in the various assets:

/geo/*/materials/KB3d_AtlasD/emissive

I'll try that when I'm back on my workstation, but I figured one of you smart folks may have encountered this before.

For context, I'm using motion textures & that has to be assigned outside of the asset (at least that's how I understand it).

I'm using a bunch of kitbash3d assets in a city setup and replacing the emission channels with video / animation.
Edited by evanmathis - 2023年11月7日 22:07:08
  • Quick Links