Is the Reference lop (2.0) broken or am i missing something

1625   4   1
21 posts
Hey all,

I keep running into the fact that if I put down a reference LOP in 19.5 it errors with a "layer not found"
19.5 seems to be using the 2.0 version of the asset where 19.0 was on the 1.0 and works fine.
If I revert back to the 1.0 definition in 19.5 it works fine as well.
I thought it was probably me doing something wrong because other LOPs that use it under the hood work fine (like assetreference lop) but those seem to be using the 1.0 version inside of it...

Is the 2.0 version just broken? I cannot get it to work. I cannot finds any post about this, but I cannot be the only one with this problem. Looks to me like this is also why quixel bridge for 19.5 still isn't working (as it brings in the 2.0 of the asset) because if you set it to use the 1.0 version it works fine.

So is this a bug or am i missing something?
Edited by Tim van Helsdingen - 2023年4月2日 05:07:10
www.timvanhelsdingen.com
スタッフ
451 posts
Are you trying to reference an external file? A prim from a LOP stage? Can you share a problematic hip?
7737 posts
if the path contains spaces, quotes must be used with 2.0
24 posts
Did you end up fixing that?

I have gone through mulyiple tutorials and documentations to create USDs and every time I try to test them, I get stuck in the reference LOP node.

It keeps saying "unable to find layer file: etc"
Edited by TheoK - 2023年5月15日 20:11:55
スタッフ
4435 posts
The reasons for this are explained in the "File Pattern" parameter description in the docs: https://www.sidefx.com/docs/houdini/nodes/lop/reference.html [www.sidefx.com]
  • Quick Links