Hot to set Parameter panel on the top left when network maximized

5157   6   1
118 posts
How can I have the parameters panel on the top left in this scenario?

My 2 screens setup is the following: left screen for the scene viewport and right screen for the network pane maximized.

Problem is that, as the screenshot shows, the parameter panel is fixed on the top right (of the right screen), forcing me to constantly rotate my head left and right whenever I change some parameter.

Ideally I'd be able to have the parameter panel on the top left of the right screen, which means it would be close to scene view of in the left screen.

Any idea how to do that?
As far as I researched it seems impossible..

thanks for help,
Andrea
2036 posts
You could hold down the middle mouse button in a blank spot of your nework window and drag all the nodes closer to the parameter panel.

You also can click on the most upper right white down pointing arrow which gives you the option to split network window to “split pane left/right”

Then just make one of the windows a parameter window by right clicking on the upper tab of that window which then gives you the option to change it to a parameter window ( amongst other types ).
118 posts
Hello Babaj, thanks for tips!
That was really a naive question (-:
スタッフ
3455 posts
this is a reasonable RFE
submitted.
Michael Goldfarb | www.odforce.net
Training Lead
SideFX
www.sidefx.com
17 posts
Did anything ever come of this? I'd like to be able to position the parameter panel overlay on the nodegraph to be on the upper or bottom left also.
260 posts
same here
4495 posts
I never needed to position the parameters pane overlay but I reckon it can be done with Python Qt scripting.

Similar to how I created the overlay network editor, you could create overlay parameters pane to be stuck to a network editor.

You can get some ideas here:

Senior FX TD @ Industrial Light & Magic
Get to the NEXT level in Houdini & VEX with Pragmatic VEX! [www.pragmatic-vfx.com]

youtube.com/@pragmaticvfx | patreon.com/animatrix | animatrix2k7.gumroad.com
  • Quick Links