error Massage

3600   3   1
7 posts
i got the following massage
apper in console window

3192: Fatal error: Segmentation Fault
Saving application data to CDOCUME~1/home/LOCALS~1/Temp/home.3192.hip
696 posts
I'm sure the developers could be much better able to help if you were clear about what you were doing that produced the error during your massage.
Stephen Tucker
VFXTD
7 posts
Allegro
I'm sure the developers could be much better able to help if you were clear about what you were doing that produced the error during your massage.

Allegro

thank's to reply , i doing simply work not some speacial , tell me how can i contact with developers
696 posts
Most (all?) of the developers read the forums, so if you post here, even if they do not respond, you will be heard.

Segmentation Faults are, in simple terms, crashes that happen when you do certain things in a particular order because a typo in the code prevents the software from knowing what to do.

Knowing that you had a Segmentation Fault is not enough to know how to fix your problem. If you can figure out specifically what you did that caused the segmentation fault, and can make Houdini crash by doing the same thing more than once, then the developers can figure out what part of the code they need to fix.

If every time you attempted to rotate a camera, you had a segmentation fault: if you let us know that that was the problem, then the developers can fix the problem. But if instead, you simply tell them that Houdini crashed, without telling them what you did, they will not know what to fix.
Stephen Tucker
VFXTD
  • Quick Links