Displacement is showing the voronoi pieces

4054   2   1
2 posts
Hello, I'm not going to explain lots of details. So it is simple to read it and to know the problem. I have one object fractured with voronoi. I have enabled the option to create a material. I apply a material to inside (displacement) and outside (mantra surface) if I enable the displacement option I can see all the pieces on the outside material. I attach some pictures. Can anyone help me please? I want the skin to be without that black shapes. Thanks in advance.

Attachments:
render_promo.jpg (347.7 KB)
nodisp2.JPG (148.0 KB)
nodisp1.JPG (143.9 KB)
disp2.JPG (90.6 KB)
disp1.JPG (57.0 KB)

53 posts
This may be because the inside surface is being displaced to push through the smooth surface on top. Does the problem disappear if you use a bump map rather than displacement?

You would probably need to reduce the displacement so that those areas near the surface are not displaced. You could drive that kind of variation by using a point attribute that is 1 on the surface, and 0 inside the object and then using that as a value within a bespoke shader.
Peter Quint
2 posts
Thank you Peter. With bump I do not have that problem. Thank you. I added also a vertex SOP to clamp the normals and it works good enough, at least to achieve what I want by now. I'm new on that software, so I do not have a clear idea to do what you mean but I'll try the bespoke method that you suggest. Thank you. Have a nice day.
  • Quick Links