Houdini crash on Flipbook (Hserver communication error)

7410   6   3
22 posts
Hi

I am trying to make a Flipbook in H14 but it keeps crashing at random points. I get this message:- License: Hserver communication error

I've never had this happen before H14. It does this at work and at home with Apprentice addition.

I am trying to Flipbook a meshed FLIP sim from cache.

any ideas?

thanks

Graham
1391 posts
I have same problem like you , but not only in H14 , in H13 too .
So I have to Flip-Book to the disk , not in the mplay window, in this case I don't take any error :?
https://www.youtube.com/c/sadjadrabiee [www.youtube.com]
Rabiee.Sadjad@Gmail.Com
7709 posts
Are you hitting swap? It might be that you're using so much memory in the process that it's swapping out the hserver process.
1391 posts
edward
Are you hitting swap? It might be that you're using so much memory in the process that it's swapping out the hserver process.

on my system I have efficient memory , it's 48 GB , But I take error again (Even when my project use only 10 GB !) :?

Mayabe there is some BUG for my VGA Card and I shlould Update my VGA driver :!: :?:

However I have to save Flip-Books directly to the disk to prevent this error .
https://www.youtube.com/c/sadjadrabiee [www.youtube.com]
Rabiee.Sadjad@Gmail.Com
22 posts
Hi

I'm not hitting swap, i have about 50% RAM free. I read on another thread about using the OpenGL ROP. I tried this and it works ok, so its one solution, but I would love to get Flipbook working as I have been using so much.

Also, I never had this problem before H14, I have a Qudro K4000.

cheers

Graham
443 posts
And power of OpenGL ROP is that you can split it on multiple machines. So heavy scene data like water mesh which may take around 2 hours for 150 frames and by using OpenGL ROP you may get it in 10 minutes over farm.
22 posts
We have fixed our problem

On the Houdini shortcut select properties. Then Under windows compatibility tab switch on Run this program as an administrator.

You should now be able to flip-book without crashes!
  • Quick Links