I need to downgrade my monitor...

6747   6   1
4140 posts
ummm, this is just a temporary glich with the website being changed, right? Half my screenspace isn't being used. The forums are crammed into a narrow column.

For the record, I'm on firefox on linux…at 1600x1200

Cheers,

J.C.
John Coldrick
4256 posts
its not that bad

just hit Ctrl+Alt+- a few times to resize your screen…
if(coffees<2,round(float),float)
4140 posts
<JC drops his monitor on Wolfwood's head>

You're right! It *is* much better!

J.C.
John Coldrick
スタッフ
1182 posts
The website has been designed at a consistent width of 800 pixels. Is this the narrow column you are talking about or is it being squished even smaller?

Many websites (including odforce) use the 800 pixel fixed width. We originally played with layouts that could resize horizontally but there were serious limits to how we organized information and layed out text. A survey of web sites from companies involved in computer graphics suggested that this limit was typical and we followed suit.
Robert Magee
Senior Product Marketing Manager
SideFX
4140 posts
Nope, that's the issue. It just means(obviously) a lot more text wraparound, more scrolling, less readability IMHO. Anything(app or web page) that doesn't adapt to whatever screen it's running on(within reason, of course) has always been a poor choice IMHO. I think the reasons are obvious, though, no need to belabour it. I just find the site a lot more work to navigate. I could change to my own font sizes, of course, but then that musses up other sites.

I appreciate the fact there's lots of things to be considered when designing a site, and I'm not privy to them all. Just voicing my opinion.

Cheers,

J.C.
John Coldrick
279 posts
Why do you think JC never visits odforce?
スタッフ
3455 posts
I'm at 1600x1200 as well and the column seems a bit small…but I think it's just the change from the way it was this morning…
love the new site BTW
Michael Goldfarb | www.odforce.net
Training Lead
SideFX
www.sidefx.com
  • Quick Links