Werner Ziemerink
Head of 3D
www.luma.co.za
1391 posts
Wooow , I don't like this new too :cry:
https://www.youtube.com/c/sadjadrabiee [www.youtube.com]
Rabiee.Sadjad@Gmail.Com
636 posts
well that means maya and 3ds max are getting a good renderer. a big monday suprise :-)

my question is more how the price model would be? i don't think they cut a lot on the price tag because when you see autodesk quater reports that they loos money in the media department.
379 posts
I just hope I do not need to deal with resellers when it is time to renew license.. I'll definitely stop it than.
702 posts
Thank you SESI for being strong and not being a sellout to AD!

Long Live SESI!
4189 posts
How uninteresting and un-innovative of Solid Angle. - software is exactly like the biotech industry. Produce something novel, show it's interesting then sell it to a big pharma, with the same sort of PR releases.
1755 posts
Agreed. And what pisses me off the most (which is a much broader problem) is the inability or unwillingness of mature people to name things for what they are.
Q:“why did you sell?”
A: “well, derp, derp, ahem, bla, bla, bla”
How about “for the money”?! We all know it, we probably all would've done it, it's nothing wrong with that as long as you didn't make any promises, so why the masquerade?
This crap manages to get me so worked up like few things can.
148 posts
McNistor
Agreed. And what pisses me off the most (which is a much broader problem) is the inability or unwillingness of mature people to name things for what they are.
Q:“why did you sell?”
A: “well, derp, derp, ahem, bla, bla, bla”
How about “for the money”?! We all know it, we probably all would've done it, it's nothing wrong with that as long as you didn't make any promises, so why the masquerade?
This crap manages to get me so worked up like few things can.

So true. Financial exit strategy for Fajardo perhaps. What he states as reason in his interview with fxguide (https://www.fxguide.com/featured/autodesk-buys-arnold-2/).. [fxguide.com]

VR

Lars
Edited by - 2016年4月18日 21:21:28
Lars Wood
Future Vision Guide
Advanced Research And Development
148 posts
MartybNz
How uninteresting and un-innovative of Solid Angle. - software is exactly like the biotech industry. Produce something novel, show it's interesting then sell it to a big pharma, with the same sort of PR releases.

Having contracted to big pharma designing small molecule drugs for a decade I can confirm your assertion as fact. The goal of startups in the pharma industry is to get bought.

VR

Lars
Lars Wood
Future Vision Guide
Advanced Research And Development
175 posts
Once again, I am glad that Houdini exists in this industry.
240 posts
I would've done the same thing, especially in the tech industry where bubbles are so prevalent and software can lose value lickedy split. Give me my millions & let me retire when I want to.
136 posts
Well, Solid Angle had a very fuzzy approach(to say the least) right from the start. They only sold licenses to studios, it was impossible to grab a license. Glad i stayed apart from them. I am all over Houdini and i want to say a very BIG thank you to SESI for being independent. I mean, they have Mantra integrated out of the box, witch is enough if there is no competition left. Right now things are looking EXTREMELY bad for XSI. AD will NOT give the Arnold new iterations for a dead software. And bet your a… that they will kill it for Cinema 4D and Houdini. The last thing they want is to give competition a chance. So glad that i started to learn Houdini on time and i am very close of being able to work exclusively on it.
  • Quick Links