Show/ghost/hide objects

2446   3   1
1755 posts
Howdy,
I searched in vain in the keymap editor for these in order to assign them hotkeys. Mouse over help says ‘Y’, but that's clearly an error (isn't it?)
Don't they have an entry in the keymap or they're listed differently? Having to constantly switch between them with the mouse is time not well spent.

partially solved: apparently it's space+Y (or simply Y when in view mode). The issue of not finding these in the keymap editor remains.
Edited by anon_user_89151269 - 2019年5月18日 03:45:44
833 posts
Yeah, Houdini shortcuts are very context sensitive. In the OBJ context Y is shortcut to cut node connections. But that's part of what makes Houdini so smart.
>>Kays
For my Houdini tutorials and more visit:
https://www.youtube.com/c/RightBrainedTutorials [www.youtube.com]
1755 posts
For anyone looking for this in the keymap editor, it's: Toggle Local/World View Context
14 posts
@SideFX can we please make these functions hotkey-able, pie menu-able and so on for the sake of consistency in making custom UIs?

I basically want to run Houdini with many custom keys, and pie menus and so on, but I find random commands are not available to be customised.

For example, I spent a long time putting together a custom modelling and a groom setup that keeps being frustrated by many functions not being available to customise.

It makes for a very annoying experience.
Edited by Stephen Davidson - 2024年3月4日 18:33:52
  • Quick Links