Complete Character Building Course

2776   2   2
1 posts
Hey there!

I've been slowly transitioning into Houdini from Blender and loving the experience so far!

One thing I've really been looking for and not having much success with is a full, start-to-finish character building course.
The rigging course available on the SideFX website is wonderful and a perfect start, but I'd love if it had some sort of continuation that went on to demonstrate how to build and configure a muscle rig, add some jiggle physics (whether it's a belly or breasts on a character), etc.

I've seen some talk in the forums of such a course being in the works, but most of that chatter is from 2017, and I was wondering if any of that ever came to fruition. For now, though, all I've found are the MasterClass muscle rig building videos, but those seem to be very demo-style, showing an overview of the tech, rather than going in-depth.

If anyone's aware of any paid courses, I'm more than happy to pay for the content, too! Sadly, most of the paid courses I've seen are very outdated and don't really make use of many of Houdini's new features.

Anyway, sorry for the ramble and thanks in advance for any tips/links!
375 posts
some examples :
Pluralsight Building Character FX Rigs
Digital tutors Getting Started with Auto Rigs
cmivfx Houdini Rigging Animation Fundamentals
Houdini gamboler
8 posts
Anyone know what's up with CMIVfx? Seems like it's down, hopefully only temporarily?
  • Quick Links