rop geo and renderer not recooking when dirty

1664   2   1
55 posts
Hello,
I have simple top network with a wedge driving a couple of push parameters that connect to a rop geo node that runs a simulation and an rop fetch that runs an OpenGL rop. When I dirty the wedge node after chasing the seed for example, it appears that the rop geo and top fetch nodes have been rendered dirty but when I try to recook the output(the top fetch node), neith the rop geo nor the fetch seem to rerun the simulation and rerenader the result. The only time this scenario works is when I select to delete all node files from disk. Is this normal behaviour? How do I force a the rop geo or fetch nodes to actually recook and rerun their tasks even if their outputs are already on disk?
スタッフ
463 posts
Hi Eyecon,

By default, the Cache Mode is set to Automatic, which will read the result from disk if it exists. If you wish for it to cook regardless of whether the result already exists on disk, change it to Write Files.

See https://www.sidefx.com/docs/houdini/nodes/top/ropfetch.html [www.sidefx.com] for more details.
2036 posts
Thanks John for this tip. Just started working with pdg today and was wondering why I had to delete my bgeo files first to reflect new values I put in my wedges even after Dirty and Cooking both wedges and geo rop node.
  • Quick Links