Processing animated alembic files through an HDA

1475   1   0
53 posts
Hi,
I'm new to PDG here.

I have a bunch of animated alembic files I need to run through an HDA (a poly_reduce sop) and the result needs to be written in new alembic files. They all have the same frame range. I have created a csv file listing the paths and name of the alembics, And I can succesfully use a csvinput top to create the work items for each file. I'm having trouble for the rest.
The HDA itself has an alembic sop and a polyreduce sop, and it exposes the parameters for the alembic filename and the frame number to load.
I sucessfully used a hdaprocessor top to process the HDA on one frame using the path attribute, but I can't get it to process multiple frames. The ropalembic top after that can be configured to work on a frame range, but it doesn't affect the hdaprocessor.

Is it possible to process each frame of an animated alembic as single work items, and put it all back together?

I'm in h18.0.327. Thanks!
53 posts
Ok I got it working by using just a ropfetch and the csvinput. Instead of using an HDAprocessor, I setup the HDA in a so with its own alembic rop and I call that rop in the ropfetch. It doesn't create a work item per frame, but it works and it doesn't create temp bgeo.sc files on disk.

Attachments:
-mnt-users-flord-FAC-lowres_top-to_lorez_v2.hip - Houdini Core 18.0.323_457.png (167.7 KB)

• Quick Links