HDA losing parameters

1900   8   2
65 posts
Hi guys,

I'm hitting a wall with this problem that I have not been able to circumvent with my HDA losing parameters from one iteration to the other.
The setup is as follow :
- I have a Multiparm Block controlling a for loop in the HDA to retrieve the parameters of the interface (iteration = multiparm #). All is working fine with most of the nodes I have. But a few of them are getting out of control (it seems to be the ones using VOPs actually, and/or ordered menus).
- To access the parameters from the interface, I use a Spare Input on the nodes (the metadata node of the for loop) so I can find which specific parameter I have to query.

You can see in this first screenshot the parameters I setup :

Once I Apply the change, and Edit the HDA again, some of the parameters are gone as you can see here :

And obviously, this is generating errors now that the parameters are not there anymore. The 2 nodes that are “losing” those parameters are AttributeNoise and Mountain, all the other ones are behaving as expected.

So I wanted to know if there is something wrong I'm doing or it looks more like a bug ?

Thanks a lot,

Julien
Edited by julien-b - 2020年1月26日 06:20:54

Attachments:
Screenshot 2020-01-26 at 11.00.12.png (2.9 MB)
Screenshot 2020-01-26 at 11.02.14.png (2.6 MB)

VFX Supervisor @ MPC London
65 posts
One other thing to mention, once the HDA is created (from the first screenshot), it works just fine, but it's when it's being edited afterwards that it loses its parameters …
Edited by julien-b - 2020年1月26日 06:46:50
320 posts
I had this happen to me as well. it was a fairly simple HDA it worked just fine but after saving it and making an edit I lost a number of parameters. I redid it a number of times with same result. using 18.0.325
65 posts
Interesting bobc4d, do you know which kind of nodes in was happening on ?
320 posts
I included a screen shot of my node tree. after second time it deleted parameters I knew what I wanted and did it in one go and it is fine. here is screen capture of nodes and parameters. it is a simple HDA, I came back in and added the switch node then when I saved it, thats when my parameters disappeared. kinda odd this happened to both of us.
Edited by bobc4d - 2020年1月26日 19:50:05

Attachments:
parameters.jpg (36.6 KB)
ortho grid screen capture.jpg (62.7 KB)

65 posts
FYI, I submitted a bug report (#102492).

Cheers,

Julien
スタッフ
1448 posts
Should be fixed in H18.0.365.

This was happening if a parameter was inside a multi-parm block an if it had a “parmvop” tag. This tag usually comes from Parameter VOPs, and most likely made their way to the Object HDA thru copy-paste. Anyway, these parameters should not disappear anymore.
65 posts
Amazing, thanks Rafal!

Until I switch to the next version, is it ok to just remove the “parmvop” tag on those attributes ?

Cheers,

Julien
スタッフ
1448 posts
Yes, you can remove the “parmvop” tags. They should not be there in the first place, since they make sense only for parameters of a node that has VOPs inside.
  • Quick Links