Renderman 23 Bokeh

1297   2   0
10 posts
I've been trying for a while now to get the aspect ratio & other bokeh settings to change with Renderman 23.2 and Houdini 18.0.391. Nothing I've done seems to get the bokeh to be anything but a default circular shape.

I thought it could be something to do with needing to use a lens shader & link to pxrcamera inside the ‘risnet’ node. It doesn't make a difference though, and nor is it implied by the RfH docs on the bokeh: https://rmanwiki.pixar.com/display/RFH23/Bokeh [rmanwiki.pixar.com]

Plus - it works fine in Maya out of the box. Not sure what to glean from this apart from it's probably something like a hidden checkbox within Houdini… Images attached.

Would be very greatful if a solution to this is out there.

Edited by jardenruss - 2020年5月29日 11:05:29

Attachments:
2020-05-29 18_45_35-Autodesk Maya 2019.3.1_ untitled_ --- persp.png (119.0 KB)
2020-05-29 18_50_44-C__Users_jarrad_Desktop_rendermantest.hiplc - Houdini Indie Limited-Commercial 1.png (180.9 KB)

7726 posts
jardenruss
Plus - it works fine in Maya out of the box. Not sure what to glean from this apart from it's probably something like a hidden checkbox within Houdini… Images attached.

It's probably just broken, like a million other things about RfH.
10 posts
Turns out bokeh is working in Houdini in some cases. The DoFAspect parm seems to be broken. Something I didn't test initially made it work: set the depth of field aspect to a value greater than one. This isn't very useful, but proves it's working to some degree.

- This also relies on the camera being set to ‘lens shader’ in the dropdown menu of the view tab
- A pxrcamera node existing in the RISnet
- That pxrcamera node is connected to the lens shader parm in the renderman tab.
- This doesn't refresh during IPR. I've been switching the enable depth of field in the /out/ris1 on and off to see changes.

jsmack is probably right. Likely that it's broken, because when the DoFAspect value is less than one it glitches and makes straight line bokeh and loses all of the other shape settings.
  • Quick Links