Operator List + Object merge

1368   2   0
22 posts
I have a operator list on a subnet that can have an arbitrary about of SOP passed in. In the subnet I have an Object Merge node that references the Operator List param.

Is it possible for me to grab a random SOP from the Operator List param VS bringing them all in and splitting after?

Currently my Object Merge has `chsop(“../panel_meshes”)` in Object1. I'm struggling with finding an expression that would give me just one of the specified SOPs.

Do I need to add an id to all the SOPs and use a connectivity node to split them after the object merge?

It would be nice if I could just specify an index like and array to grab any SOPs from the operator list.

Thanks in advance!
8525 posts
you should be able to use arg() expression to pick one of the arguments of space separated string

or alternatively on Object Merge SOP you can check PAck Geometry Before Merging, to easily keep or delete the ones you don't want, you can also check Create Per-Point/Prim Path to also distinguish them down the line if you dcide to process them later
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
22 posts
@tamte: arg() worked! Thanks.
  • Quick Links