CmiVFX character animation or...?

4309   2   2
63 posts
A good 20 years ago I did a lot of freelance character animation. I’d like to try some with Houdini and it looks like the cmiVFX character animation principles is the only tutorial around. I don’t really need the animation principles but I’d like something that works through character animation in Houdini to learn the motion graph and general workflow. Does anyone have any experience with that or have another tutorial to recommend?
9 posts
Does this website (https://cmivfx.com/home) actually still work? I get all kinds of warnings of it being suspicious in my browser as well as many broken image links, etc. Also, this tutorial could be useful but it looks to be from an ancient version of Houdini and not sure if many things would still work or be relevant. The price seems pricey but fair for such an old version and for just one tutorial (if you subscribe for a month) but I'm not sure I'd trust giving them credit card info, etc. Any thoughts?
63 posts
I'm not sure but I think it's legit. I didn't bother to research it anymore because it didn't really seam like it was going to fit my needs.
  • Quick Links