HDA processor and restarting a workitem

1683   4   1
72 posts
Hi,

I've never been able to restart a workitem of a HDA processor via the RMB menu, everytime I dirty an item and try to cook again it will forever say scheduled. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!
-Johan

Attachments:
hda_processor_recook.png (22.6 KB)

スタッフ
387 posts
I'm not seeing this issue in Houdini 18.0.499. Which build of Houdini are you using?
72 posts
Thanks Brandon,

I'm also on 499. My HDA has a lot of custom stuff on it, like python module settings params etc. I'd take it that shouldn't matter, but maybe there are circumstances where a recook just doesn't fire and keeps items queued? Maybe something on my scheduler?
I have a custom temp location and On Task Failure > Retry Task (max retries : 3).

So it should just instantly recook when I dirty a task and then press Cook Task, right?
スタッフ
387 posts
The particular HDA being used with HDA Processor shouldn't be impacting the PDG scheduling. You're correct that after dirtying the task and pressing “Cook Task” that it should start cooking.

I'm not sure why it's stuck in the “Scheduled” state without investigating further. Since I'm unable to reproduce the issue, are you able to submit a support ticket with the .hip file and/or the HDA being used?
Edited by BrookeA - 2020年7月6日 13:35:05
72 posts
I will have a look, but all the attributes used are tied very deep into the pipeline. I'm better of trying to reproduce it on a simple case. Will try later on. Thanks for checking!
  • Quick Links