Dual GPU Worth it?

1442   3   0
53 posts
Hello,

An old separate workstation came to my posession (for free) and debating what to do with it. Either try to sell it for parts (or as a whole) or see if I can make use of any of the components.

The main component I may be interested in is the GPU. It's an Nvidia Quadro K4000.

Is it worth keeping and reusing in my current professional rig and add it as a secondary GPU in any way?

My current PC runs a GTX 1080, and while I can start to see that it's just starting to age, it still performs very well. I do a lot of Houdini work every day from home and do both sims & rendering tasks.
I also do realtime work in Unreal Engine.

Thanks!
636 posts
On the 15. Oct we will know more about H18.5
7733 posts
ant_vfx
Is it worth keeping and reusing in my current professional rig and add it as a secondary GPU in any way?

No, not in any way. That card is too old and low end to be of any use as a secondary card.
53 posts
jsmack
No, not in any way. That card is too old and low end to be of any use as a secondary card.

That was my initial thought, but thought it may be worth checking just in case I could leverage it in some way I wasn't aware of. Thanks!
  • Quick Links