export variations of HDA to multiple FBX files

2048   2   3
4 posts
Hi,

I have a 3d model saved as an HDA and I want to export variations of this HDA to multiple FBX files by using PDG. creating this variations by using multiple wegde nodes works fine and I also managed to export FBX files with a ROP fetch node. but all my fbx files have the exact same content. I think the initial configuration of my HDA is saved multiple times but not the variations done by the wedge node. Do I have to put the ROP_fbx node somewhere different? Right know it's part of my HDA.

I built a small test scene based on the ROP fetch example. It should export 3 different versions of the torus, but it exports 3 times exactly the same torus.

Image Not Found

Attachments:
pdg_fbx_test.hip (310.1 KB)

603 posts
Are the bgeo files saved by the hdaprocessor correct?

In the ropfetch case /obj/pdg_fbx_test/radx is not being set. There are two ways to do it. You can set an expression on it @radiusX , or use the “Overwrite Target Parameter..” on wedge1.
4 posts
chrisgreb
Are the bgeo files saved by the hdaprocessor correct?
Yes, the bgeo files are save correctly by the hdaprocessor.

chrisgreb
In the ropfetch case /obj/pdg_fbx_test/radx is not being set. There are two ways to do it. You can set an expression on it @radiusX , or use the “Overwrite Target Parameter..” on wedge1.

That solved the problem! Thanks a lot!!! I only connected the @radiusX to the parameter in the HDA Parameters Tab of the hdaprocessor. I thought that was enough. Now I also set the expression on the HDA directly and now it works.
  • Quick Links