Heightfield and Solaris Help

2079   7   0
49 posts
Hey folks,

trying to get a heightfield map, exported as an exr, to work as a texture on a grid in solaris.

Im trying to get it to show up correctly with both the viewport first, and then karma second, but I am not having much success.

Anybody have any experience with this? Attached the scene file and the exr texture. As far as I know there is nothing wrong with the texture itself, and the grid has uvs.

Thanks!!
858 posts
I see no hip file.

Did you attach a shader (to the correct location)?
--
Jobless
49 posts
Hmm, I thought I attached the files….
sorry about that

Attachments:
heightfield_testing.hiplc (257.8 KB)

49 posts
And apparently the texture was too large so im uploading it again at 1k.

Attachments:
height_v003_1k.exr (74.1 KB)

858 posts
I'm not sure. Your texture is all black (intentional?) but apart from that I think something is odd with UVs (you don't have any). If you import it from a sopcreate, after applying UVs, it works. Otherwise it looks like every poly has its own set of uvs.
--
Jobless
49 posts
Thanks Soothsayer. I fixed the map and now it is working!!!! Amazing Something else is happening though which is quite strange. When I switch from the lops context to the sops context, it automatically changes my scene to non-commercial. Is this a bug of some kind?
スタッフ
4438 posts
I suspect you just need to download a new build of Houdini: https://www.sidefx.com/forum/topic/76640/ [www.sidefx.com]
49 posts
Thank you, downloading a new build now.
Edited by jtk700cln - 2020年11月24日 08:18:44
  • Quick Links