Copy to Points not oriented based on normal

896   2   1
18 posts
Greetings,

I would like to perform a copy-to-points by using a resampled curve. I've implemented polyframe so each point will have it's normal value based on its orientation. It looks fine when I visualize the normal. However, the box copied along the curve is not oriented properly as in the image below.

I've manually checked the value and it seems right (with @N.z always set to 0). The image below shows the network and spreadsheet of the attributes.

Any idea why I got this behaviour? Kinda new to Houdini, sorry for this very basic question. I've googled around and even follow a few tutorials, but didn't work.

Thank you in advance.

Attachments:
orientation_error_1.PNG (1.2 MB)
orientation_error_2.PNG (287.7 KB)

471 posts
Hi,

one vector is not enough for orientation (you need at least 2 vectors, which are not on one line). You can set @up vector for Normal Name in polyframe for example, or use the orientation along curve node, which is much better for stable result.

Attachments:
curve_orientation_copy.hipnc (86.1 KB)

18 posts
Aizatulin
Hi,

one vector is not enough for orientation (you need at least 2 vectors, which are not on one line). You can set @up vector for Normal Name in polyframe for example, or use the orientation along curve node, which is much better for stable result.

This works. Thanks a lot
  • Quick Links