Applying generated textures to material instance parameters

1473   2   0
4 posts
Hello,

For some reason I'm failing to set a texture parameter in a material instance inside UE with a texture that's generated by Houdini Engine. Following instructions in https://www.sidefx.com/docs/unreal/_materials.html [www.sidefx.com] I've managed to create a material instance and can also set the instance's texture parameter with a texture that's already inside UE. Generated textures also work perfectly fine when I use a fully generated material as well. I also can set a non texture parameter just fine too (for example a color vector). But however I might try I can't make a generated texture to be set inside the parameter of an instance. There are no warnings/errors, just no result whatsoever.

My setup is as follows: there's a cop2net that generates an image (using Substance) that's then referenced by a principal material. That material is then set to the geo after which I create two primitive attributes. All of that is inside a digital asset.

Please refer to the attached Houdini screenshot to see that setup and the attribute that I try to use for the material parameter. The UE screenshot shows the result of that asset. There you may see Houdini Engine generating a material that uses the texture that was setup inside Houdini and a material instance where I want that texture to be used as well (instead it uses the default one I set in the material itself).

Would appreciate any help with this.

Attachments:
houdini.png (1.1 MB)
ue.png (1.3 MB)

4 posts
You may notice that the attribute type is set to Point instead of Primitive or Detail. Setting it to the proper type still produces no result.
4 posts
Solved the issue. The attribute's value should be "matnet1/principledshader1/diffuse" (without quotes).
  • Quick Links