Mat subnet material visibility

963   1   0
9 posts
So I am attempting to use subnets to keep my long list of shaders organized in my files, with the idea that I have a subnet per asset, with all the associated shaders (pxr material builder) inside of it. My problem is coming from when I put my shaders inside of the subnet, I no longer can see those listed in the shop_materialpath picker on my obj level parms. I'm assuming this has to do with the render flag not being enabled on them, but it won't let me enable it when these are in a subnet. I've also tried with principled shaders as well. Is a subnet not the correct organizational container? Is there a different node I should be using. If I manually enter the full path to the assignment it works, and the shader assigns properly.
7733 posts
ettylka
So I am attempting to use subnets to keep my long list of shaders organized in my files, with the idea that I have a subnet per asset, with all the associated shaders (pxr material builder) inside of it. My problem is coming from when I put my shaders inside of the subnet, I no longer can see those listed in the shop_materialpath picker on my obj level parms. I'm assuming this has to do with the render flag not being enabled on them, but it won't let me enable it when these are in a subnet. I've also tried with principled shaders as well. Is a subnet not the correct organizational container? Is there a different node I should be using. If I manually enter the full path to the assignment it works, and the shader assigns properly.

The subnet is not an organizational node for materials. It is a functional node for grouping materials for different render engines together.

Use different matnets to group related materials.
  • Quick Links