Problems connecting curves with the skin/loft nodes

1253   2   0
39 posts
I am trying to to resample the number of loops of different types of quad meshes.
My process is 1. get the loops 2. extract the curves 3. resample them 4. Get a new mesh out of it.

But i am having problems, trying to connect the curves into a surface again. The skin node produces bad results ( see picture 4 )

The polyloft node is kinda working ( i have to tweak the u/v wrap ), but because it produces triangles, when i quadrangulate them i often get messy results.

So is there a way to get quads out of the loft node, or somehow to avoid the problems with the skin node ?
Edited by SnowballWar - 2021年3月2日 14:26:36

Attachments:
curveSkin.hip (246.6 KB)
Screenshot_1.png (415.1 KB)

13 posts
SnowballWar
I am trying to to resample the number of loops of different types of quad meshes.
My process is 1. get the loops 2. extract the curves 3. resample them 4. Get a new mesh out of it.

But i am having problems, trying to connect the curves into a surface again. The skin node produces bad results ( see picture 4 )

Image Not Found

The polyloft node is kinda working ( i have to tweak the u/v wrap ), but because it produces triangles, when i quadrangulate them i often get messy results.

So is there a way to get quads out of the loft node, or somehow to avoid the problems with the skin node ?
it seems to me that the last curve is flipped in point number thats why the skin isnt working ,why not use sweep node ?
2035 posts
You can put in a reverse node before your skin and specify primitive number 0 only.(In source group paramter)
  • Quick Links