2478   6   1
642 posts
Hi.

I am trying to figure out how to connect up a bump and displacment texture into Karma's principle shader. I am a little lost what to plug in to what. Would anyone be kind enough to mock up a quick Karma principle shader with bump and displaement so I cna figure out how to get it to work please?

Kind Regards

Mark

Attachments:
Capture.jpg (125.5 KB)

112 posts
it should work if you just connect the displacement textures "outN" to the "baseN" input of the principle shader..
Pipeline @ RISE Visual Effects Studios
642 posts
Hi Simon. Thanks. How do you control the intensity of it? Is that on the texture node, and if so do I need to connect another thing together?

Best

Mark
112 posts
yes, you can then control it directly on the displacement texture node. "Effect scale" is the intensity setting.
642 posts
Hi again.

I might be being dumb here but I cannot get it to work. It works fine if I dont use a displacement node set to bump and just do it inside the principled shader. Im taking a guess that this is the correct N slot to hook up. I have also tried turning on "enable bump" on the principled shader. Talk about a confusing shader ;-(

Best Mark
Edited by Mark Wallman - 2021年4月20日 03:52:56

Attachments:
Capture.JPG (105.8 KB)

112 posts
the outN (vector) needs to be connected to the baseN (vector), then it should work.
Edited by simon_o - 2021年4月20日 04:41:30

Attachments:
pighead_bump.png (337.7 KB)
pighead_bump.hip (307.7 KB)

642 posts
Hi. Thanks for that!

Best
Edited by Mark Wallman - 2021年4月20日 09:25:41
  • Quick Links