(SOLVED) Agent Crowd State without applying new clip

1197   2   2
31 posts
Hey guys,

I'm trying to setup a crowd ragdoll system and I have agents already playing clips prior to the DOP and was wondering if anyone knew of a way to pass through these agents so that they continue to play whatever clip they have while still being able to trigger ragdoll?

My current dilemma is that the dop reassigns the clip data which isn't too big of an issue to adjust but if for example the clip has been modified in stream with agent edit or it transitions to another clip it will disregard these changes and continue to play the original clip that it assigned on frame 1. Ideally I'd rather it didn't assign any new clip and just ran off the current clip in whatever form it takes.
Edited by JohnDoe777 - 2021年4月19日 15:42:06
スタッフ
727 posts
You can set Clip Assignment to None on the crowd state DOP, which will avoid assigning a new clip to the agent when it enters the state. However, the crowd solver will still keep adjusting the clip times etc to play back the clip, which sounds like it might not be what you want if you are trying to use custom poses from SOPs? In that case you can set the `crowdanimated` point attrib to 1 and specify the Target Geometry path on the crowd object DOP. In that scenario, the crowd solver will import the agents updated transforms from that path instead of actively solving the agent, but the agent can still turn into a partial ragdoll etc
31 posts
Oh my god thank you so much, setting "@crowdanimated" to 1 fixed my issue immediately!
  • Quick Links