Karma support for Curvature VOP

2647   7   3
146 posts
Hi!
It seems the Curvature VOP is not currently supported under Karma, it returns shading artifacts. I have already sent a RFE, but just wanted to check if any of you have any hint about this being implemented any time soon, just like Dirt Mask, Rounded Corners shader and the limited version of trace() were recently included.
Thanks!
Edited by jarenas - 2021年7月31日 13:50:18
172 posts
I guess h19 should have a much better support for stuff like that, I hope. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I contribute to the beauty of this world
146 posts
deviner
I guess h19 should have a much better support for stuff like that, I hope. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I hope so, there's still a bunch of people who would like to stay inside Houdini even for rendering freelance work...
6 posts
If anyone is still wondering, it seems the curvature VOP is still broken in karma, H19
8538 posts
joshuazt
If anyone is still wondering, it seems the curvature VOP is still broken in karma, H19

which build are you talking about?
from journals it seems that it should already work at least partially
Houdini 19.0.469
Add basic support for getderiv to Karma. This version does not have special logic to handle smooth derivatives on a non-subdivided mesh. As a direct result, the Curvature VOP can now be used in Karma.
Edited by tamte - 2021年12月30日 17:41:25
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
6 posts
That would do it, I was still on production build of 19.0.455

cheers tamte
2 posts
Can someone share an example file? I cannot get the curvature node to work in Karma with MaterialX.
7755 posts
iamsaitam
I cannot get the curvature node to work in Karma with MaterialX.

That's because it's not a materialX node. Only nodes that start with mtlx and a few others can be used in a materialX network. They cannot be mixed with VEX based nodes (nodes that generate code) such as the curvature vop.

Creating a karma materialx subnet before starting can help you use the correct nodes as it restricts the available nodes to just those allowed.
  • Quick Links