subnet with multiple outputs at obj level

1978   2   0
31 posts
I'm trying to work out a process for organizing and publishing different aspects of a network. Given what I have, the most straight forward approach would be to convert different parts of my network that I want to publish independently into subnetworks, but I've found that I cannot create multiple outputs for subnetworks that exist at the obj root. All I need is basically a network box (i.e. a wrapper that doesn't do anything of itself) displayed as a node for which I can set a specified number of outputs and on which I can create custom parameters that expose various settings of nodes within the wrapper, but there doesn't appear to be a way to do this. BTW - I've tried collapsing my nodes to a subnet and then creating a digital asset out of that, but it appears that the digital asset inherits the outputs limitation of the original subnet.

If you have any idea of how I might be able to accomplish what I'm trying to do, please let me know.
8515 posts
Object level nodes have just 1 output
You can use Fetch Object to fetch transforms of different objects from within a subnet to avoid that limitation
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
31 posts
Thank you for your suggestion @tamte - I'll give that a try.
  • Quick Links