Failed to cook PDG in UE5

2268   3   1
4 posts
Hi guys,

I just started learning about Houdini, and was following this tutorial [www.sidefx.com] when I encountered this failure of PDG cooking. The cooking of PDG was successful in Houdini, but failed when I import the PDG to UE5. All output I got in console was "Could not find matching TOPNode for event" warnings in the following figure.

So anyone know how to fix this error of cooking? Or is there any way to get some logs of PDG cooking?

FYI, my UE version is 5.0.3 and my Houdini version is 19.5.303 (with UE plugin of version 2.0-H19.5.303).

Attachments:
pdg_warining_in_ue5.png (34.1 KB)
pdg_cooking_result_in_ue5.png (29.9 KB)

3 posts
With session sync on, in its log I get this error

Error running Python menu script in parameter,
Service Name (/obj/PDG_Landscape_1_0/PDG_Landscape1/topnet1/HE_OUT_Terrain_Split_and_Scatter/pdgservicename):
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/obj/PDG_Landscape_1_0/PDG_Landscape1/topnet1/HE_OUT_Terrain_Split_and_Scatter/pdgservicename", line 3, in expression
TypeError: serviceNamesMenu() got an unexpected keyword argument 'service_type_name'

Any insight into a possible fix to this, or what the issue is would be hugely helpful.

Thanks!
3 posts
Apologies, my first post with this account doesn't seem to have come through - But I had previously said, I have this exact issue too. And had been following the same tutorial.
3 posts
I found the answers I needed here - https://www.sidefx.com/forum/topic/77246/ [www.sidefx.com]

It seems the issue is basically with the HDA containing paths that don't make sense in UE, like $JOB (idk why or how they worked for Simon.)

But I had to use $PDG_DIR for most references - But HDA processors needed the input path to be absolute, and I needed to leave the Scheduler blank as variable and then map it in unreal engine to my projects Houdini Folder.

A bit of a faff, but it at least works.
  • Quick Links