Houdini Engine not allowing Unreal 5.0.3 to open

2121   2   1
385 posts
I have a Houdini Indie License 19.5.368 installed along with the engine plugins.
Unreal 4.26 plugin is working but not 5.0.3.

I am getting this message :

"Plugin 'HoudiniEngine' failed to load because module 'HoudiniEngine'
could not be found. Please ensure the plugin is properly installed.
otherwise consider disabling the plugin for this project."

i have copied the folder 'HoudiniEngine' from :
C:\Program Files\Side Effects Software\Houdini Engine\Unreal\19.5.368\5.0

and pasted it here:
C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_5.0\Engine\Plugins\Runtime\

Even if i remove the HoudiniEngine folder from this Unreal directory i get the same message!

Attachments:
Capture.JPG (313.6 KB)

スタッフ
534 posts
Hi,

Have you tried using the plugins as a project plugins instead of an engine plugin ?

Instead of copying the Houdini Engine folder to UE5's Engine/Plugins/Runtime folder, instead copy it into your project's Plugins/Runtime folder (create one if you don't have a plugins folder in your project)

IIRC, there's an issue with UE5 that prevents pre-compiled plugins to work as engine plugin.
385 posts
dpernuit
Hi,

Have you tried using the plugins as a project plugins instead of an engine plugin ?

Instead of copying the Houdini Engine folder to UE5's Engine/Plugins/Runtime folder, instead copy it into your project's Plugins/Runtime folder (create one if you don't have a plugins folder in your project)

IIRC, there's an issue with UE5 that prevents pre-compiled plugins to work as engine plugin.

Right now i have removed the plugin from the Engine Runtime folder and still i get the same message and Unreal cannot even open.
Is there any other folder that might contain houdini files?

i do not have any projects yet, but a while back i think i tried to get VAT to work in unreal
Edited by papsphilip - 2022年9月14日 06:43:32
  • Quick Links