Houdini engine not working properly in Unreal

2287   4   0
13 posts
When I drag my HDA into my scene the HDA says "houdini engine session READY" but the HDA never loads. What am I doing wrong? when I try the free HDAs from get->Content Library->HE_starterkit_UnrealEngine they work as they should.
Am I saving my HDA out wrong? Or what happens? I'm currently on Unreal engine 5.0.3 and Houdini 19.5.403.
I hope you can help!
Kasper

Attachments:
HDAnotWorking.PNG (3.8 MB)

20 posts
Hi
In my experience it has often to do with a file load operator, all of them must be locked inside the HDA
13 posts
File loader? so mean a read note of some sort? cause i'm not using that. The HDA I got that i've made that's called test_03. that's just a sphere and nothing else. And that does not work either. it's pretty wierd.
Thanks for the replay
13 posts
So I figured it out. My houdini FX kept saving my files and hiplc and not hip. When that issue was fixed. my HDAs began working. There were some kind of clash in my file extensions.
131 posts
If you're using Houdini Indie then you need the Indie Engine license. If you're on FX or Core then you need the non-Indie Engine license. HDAs created with Indie are hiplc and need the Indie Engine license to work. Converters are available and you can contact Support for batch-conversion, I think it's a one-time thing.
  • Quick Links