Solaris renders in Viewport but doesn't in ROP

2907   8   2
11 posts
Hi!
I've spent most of today trying to fix this and haven't found any solutions yet. I have a USD Solaris scene set up that I'm trying to render using Redshift. It's a multiple AOV scene with a bunch of passes (diffuse, gi, etc).

Everything renders great in the viewport, I can select the different passes and see the results. Anytime I try to render using the Render USD Scene ROP, be it MPlay, Save to Disk or Save to Disk in Background, my scene doesn't render. Using the last two options doesn't create any files even though it says that the rendering is finished, and rendering to MPlay lasts about 30 seconds and produces black images (besides emission pass, which ends up grey for some reason). I've tried rendering without AOVs, but that doesn't fix the issue.
Appreciate any help!

Edit: Tried rendering in Karma, getting the same result, nothing gets rendered. So it's definitely not Redshift's fault
Edited by dravec_ky - 2022年12月27日 20:10:02
スタッフ
451 posts
Happy New Year! Do you have a hip file you can share?
11 posts
robp_sidefx
Hi! Incredibly sorry for the late reply, It ended up being the USDs which the renderers read from not being properly set up due to some Solaris USD export options.
1 posts
dravec_ky
robp_sidefx
Hi! Incredibly sorry for the late reply, It ended up being the USDs which the renderers read from not being properly set up due to some Solaris USD export options.

Hey, would you be able to be a little more specific? Started to play around with Karma and am running into a similar issue. Viewport renders are fine but the USD Render ROP is outputting black.
129 posts
+1 I also have similar issues with renders to disk
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4NQi8wpYUbR9wLolfHrZVA [www.youtube.com]
190 posts
When I have problems like this it`s usually User error.
スタッフ
451 posts
If anyone's still having troubles, we're happy to have a look at any hip files that you can share (either here or via support)
3 posts
Just to do a quick coment: i had the same issue with usd render ROP rendering to disk and it was the "Layer Save Path", i left it blank and everything worked fine.
129 posts
I had a problem but rendering Arnold's SICK instead of HUSK solved the issue
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4NQi8wpYUbR9wLolfHrZVA [www.youtube.com]
  • Quick Links