Help with optimizing VEX for loop setup

809   2   0
1 posts
I am trying to build a woven mesh based on the points of a tube primitive by looping through the point horizontally and vertically and adding a new point attrib so I can then connect the points with an add to create vertical and horizontal strands. Currently, the setup works but as I increase the rows and cols of the primitive it really starts to get sluggish while cooking the op. Obviously I expect some performance decrease since I'm throwing almost 30k points through the loop but the operation itself doesn't seem very heavy and I can't get enough lines to create the density I need for the look, so I'm wondering if there's a better way to accomplish the same result. Once you push the rows and cols of the tube past 70 & 70 you can see the VEX op start to crawl. I've only been using Houdini for about a month so I'm pretty new so any help/guidance is appreciated!
Image Not Found
8531 posts
your image is missing

but you can do 2 Tube SOPs set Connectivity parm to Rows, Colums respectively to get your strands
(or just one set to Rows and Colums and split later)
Edited by tamte - 2023年2月2日 14:33:52
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
4495 posts
Can you post your code?
Senior FX TD @ Industrial Light & Magic
Get to the NEXT level in Houdini & VEX with Pragmatic VEX! [www.pragmatic-vfx.com]

youtube.com/@pragmaticvfx | patreon.com/animatrix | animatrix2k7.gumroad.com
  • Quick Links