Houdini not compute until open one of my HDA and close after

699   0   1
255 posts
Hello

That drives me seriously nuts. Ok, we know the display could have some issue, and or the labs reset viewport would have no reason to exist , Now for some time i observed some seriously annoying issues when Houdini is generating kind of weird random errors (loop can't merge this iteration or slump can't finish with "Error: First writeable volume has no corresponding volume...." , things like this, a bit randomly to be honest, weird.. I have to mention everything is working absolutely fine in the first go, after loading, but could have some problem updating and computing correctly just after(!)

To be honest i have never seen problem like this before (before V19 or 19.5 excepted with Erosion node) but this year i have seen a bunch. I also experiment similar thing with Mlops machine learning SOP where sometimes i have to point to the solver, open and close...So it's possibly something python related, i do not know but *we* would really really like to know if you guys have experimented the same or have any idea of the reason, please ...

Cheer!

Vincent, Lead RnD tech Houdini, unannounced Game
Vincent Thomas   (VFX and Art since 1998)
Senior Env and Lighting  artist & Houdini generalist & Creative Concepts
http://fr.linkedin.com/in/vincentthomas [fr.linkedin.com]
  • Quick Links