PDG | PARTICLE STEAM WEDGING | PART 1
made in Houdini 17.5 for Beginner by SideFX at SideFX
This hands on tutorial will show how PDG can generate multiple particle streams (wedges) utilizing multiple cores in parallel. In part 1 of this video we will discuss a general Houdini centric workflow where the Particle Stream is created with a few Objects and a Dynamics Operator Network. We will then drop down a TOP Network and use PDG to drive the particle simulation we just created.
PDG topics discussed are:
- Houdini centric workflow suggestions for PDG
- Wedge operator - how to drive Surface Operator parameters through PDG
- ROP Mantra - how to render image files
- Wedge Index and Wedge Number attributes
- PDG Input and Output attributes
- Partition by Frame operator
- Image Magick - how to install and use this third party app
- Wait for All operator
- ffmpeg Encode Video - how to install and use this third party app
Mjag007 4 年 前 |
Quick question, I cannot get the view task output to work from the rop mantra down. It says cannot load the file.
But if I view task info and click the output image it loads correctly. I have the project settings and all correctly.
Any ideas on a fix for this.
ChazS 3 年, 11 ヶ月 前 |
If this is the second intro tutorial to PDG, what/where is the first one?
kevinthebright 3 年, 9 ヶ月 前 |
Hey Ari, Are the hip files available? Thanks
art3mis 3 年, 8 ヶ月 前 |
Don't understand why there isn't a link to a
1) starting .hip
2) completed .hip
More or less essential to properly follow along.
GOgraphR 1 年, 5 ヶ月 前 |
@23:10 with the three wedges for the color components, did you forgot what you said earlier about the target parameter override?? That would have given you at least _too_much_ variation in color (3 variants for a given red, 3 greens for each red ==9, and 3 blues for each before ==27. And the seed variants included ==27*3 ==81 variants in total)
Please log in to leave a comment.