VEHICLE MODELING | SCIFI DROPSHIP
Throughout the contents of this course we will look at how we can use Houdini in an everyday game modeling production environment. But we will look at how building small tools can greatly speed up your modeling process and create more automation for certain modeling tasks.
Houdini’s direct modeling tools are very robust and can outperform many other DCC modeling applications. This combined with the power to make your own geometry tools, or OTL’s, means that using Houdini for your modeling tasks makes you a more efficient modeler.
In this course we are going to learn how we can use all of the modeling tools inside of Houdini to create a Sci Fi Dropship. Throughout the course we will look at ways in which we can build re-usable tools, in the form of OTL’s or HDA’s, to automate repetitive tasks. Something that cannot be done in most common DCC modeling packages, without knowing how to program in MEL or Python.
By the end of the Course you will have a complete Sci Fi Vehicle modeled, textured, and setup in the Unity Game Engine and Unreal Game Engine.
- Learn the basics of efficient modeling in Houdini using Houdini’s latest Modeling tools.
- Learn how to use Booleans to create complex shapes with ease.
- Learn how to use the Topo Build node to resurface
- Learn how to build a set of OTL’s to automate your modeling tasks
- Build a library of sci fi widgets you can use for any modeling job.
- Learn to layout UV’s for your model easily and efficiently
- Setup the Dropship for use in Substance Painter
- Setup the model in Unity 2018.1
- Get a complete picture of an efficient modeling workflow in Houdini 16.5