For over thirty years, SideFX has been providing artists with procedural 3D animation and visual effects tools designed to create the highest-quality cinematic results. We are passionate about what our customers do because our roots are in production, both as artists and as pioneering technical innovators. SideFX has been recognized by the Academy of Motion Pictures, Arts and Science several times for its flagship software product Houdini, and its breakthrough procedural based technology.
Houdini is used by the world’s top film, TV, and game studios to create blockbuster movies such as Black Panther and Moana, captivating TV shows like American Gods and Games of Thrones, and hit video games like Horizon Zero Dawn and Mafia III. Our customers include Disney Feature Animation, Pixar, Sony Pictures Imageworks, Weta Digital, Blue Sky, Electronic Arts, Microsoft Game Studios, Blizzard Entertainment, and many more.
As a member of the Technical Support team you will be responsible for providing Houdini technical support to our customers. This will include:
- Responding to our clients’ questions about how to use the Houdini 3D animation software by:
- Creating clear and detailed example files in Houdini, that are tailored to each clients’ needs. Build files to show our clients the best ways to create: fluid effects; rigid body dynamics simulations; cloth and soft body simulations; volume effects of smoke, fire, clouds and water; procedural generation of terrains and large cities.
- Writing clear and detailed instructional e-mails showing why Houdini works so well to make movie visual effects, and games environments.
- Advising on how new versions of our software function.
- Assisting clients in using our proprietary software license generation system. Our licensing system is home-made and unknown to new customers. Support assists a large number of Houdini customers with licensing and installation issues.
- Providing support to our clients with the setup of their studio networks and render farms. Giving advice on how to manage Houdini files, and all the remote assets.
- Working jointly with our sales team to determine what combination of our software products best suits our clients’ needs.
- Communicating with our R&D team, providing feedback on areas of the software that are causing difficulties to our customers, and possible enhancements.
- Testing and reporting software bugs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Good understanding of the various Houdini editors, and ability to work throughout the Houdini package is a must.
- Familiarity with installing software on Linux, Windows and OXS.
- Ability to explain complex procedures in a detailed, clear, and understandable fashion.
- Knowledge of the production process used in a studio environment. To understand how Houdini fits into the production pipeline.
- Strong multitasking skills to juggle many cases at one time.
- Very organized.
- Collaborative nature that enjoys working closely with others.
- Positive and enthusiastic manner, that always keeps the customer needs at the forefront.
We appreciate all candidates interest, but only those with previous Houdini experience will be considered.
Our transit-friendly head office location, directly adjacent to Union Station in the heart of downtown Toronto, is open-concept with a relaxed style that includes, casual dress, and wraparound views from the 14th floor.
How To Apply
If interested, please apply directly via email to email@example.com mentioning Houdini Technical Support in the subject line. We appreciate all candidates interest however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted by SideFX.
Side Effects Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Accommodation will be provided, upon request.