As part of the Technical Operations team, the System Administrator will maintain various virtualized Linux servers, purchase hardware and software, work closely with hardware and software vendors, and maintain and improve networks, file servers, and other services. The System Administrator will maintain, create, deploy and patch virtualized Linux servers in testing and production environments. This role will be responsible for maintaining and improving firewalls, VPN’s, DNS, email, storage and other services. Maintaining backup systems and implementing and testing of disaster recovery plans is also a function of this role. The Systems Administrator will document systems and polices as required. You will work in a small agile team alongside others who perform server admin, network admin, phone admin, desktop assembly, PC support and software development for internal systems.
At SideFX, you will have the ability to make a significant contribution to the success of our projects. We are looking for the best and brightest to join our highly motivated team.
- 2-3 years of experience as a System Administrator is required
- Expertise in various flavours of Linux (Ubuntu, Debian, RedHat)
- Experience with network and machine security, firewalls and VPNs
- Comfort in Windows and OSX
- Skill in shell scripting
- Experience with VMWare
- Experience with configuring, deploying, and maintaining file servers
- Experience with Cisco routers
- Experience with MySQL
- Experience with Apache or Nginx
- Excellent organizational, problem solving, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- The following experience will be considered a bonus:
- Experience with Amazon Web Services or Google Cloud Platform
- Experience with Ansible
- Experience programming with Python
How To Apply
Side Effects Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Accommodation will be provided, upon request.