Bounding box size of a group

321   3   0
4 posts
Hi,

Is there a way to reference the bounding box size of a group within a primitive without blasting that primitive group ?
In my specific case I would like to Xform just the group on Y according to it's Y size
"bbox(0,D_YSIZE)" considers the entire primitive Ysize and not the group entered above in teh group field. Is there a dedicated expression or a workaround to do so ?

Thank you
Edited by Chawki - May 19, 2024 14:52:05

Attachments:
Capture_Bbox.JPG (44.7 KB)

47 posts
Hi,
you can use Match Size SOP [www.sidefx.com] for this, check on "Use Groups to Determine Justification Bounds" parm and choose primitive group in "Source Group".

Or use Attribute Wrangle SOP and vex functions getbbox_size() [www.sidefx.com], getbbox_center() [www.sidefx.com]
4544 posts
Chawki
Hi,

Is there a way to reference the bounding box size of a group within a primitive without blasting that primitive group ?
In my specific case I would like to Xform just the group on Y according to it's Y size
"bbox(0,D_YSIZE)" considers the entire primitive Ysize and not the group entered above in teh group field. Is there a dedicated expression or a workaround to do so ?

Thank you

Hi,

For max performance I would recommend using the Bound SOP and then referencing this node in your bbox expression.
Senior FX TD @ Industrial Light & Magic
Get to the NEXT level in Houdini & VEX with Pragmatic VEX! [www.pragmatic-vfx.com]

youtube.com/@pragmaticvfx | patreon.com/animatrix | pragmaticvfx.gumroad.com
4 posts
animatrix_
Chawki
Hi,

Thank you

Hi,

For max performance I would recommend using the Bound SOP and then referencing this node in your bbox expression.

WOnderful !
Thanks
  • Quick Links