Open GL quality settings?

431   3   1
2 posts
I'm doing some variations of an environment with a TOP Network and at the end I have a ROP Open GL with a FFMPEG codec to make a video of the camera turning around a village.

The problem I find is that despite having set the Antialiasing to x32 and having the light samples at high numbers, there is a lot of noise in the image and the edges are too jaggy. When converting it to video, it becomes pretty noticeable too.

My idea was to get a playblast-like video just to show the different variations and I read that the best option was to render with OpenGL, but I don't know if there's another way to do it or how to improve the quality of it.

Image Not Found

Attachments:
001.png (813.1 KB)
6416.mp4 (9.9 MB)

2566 posts
Maybe just move up to the KarmaROP. At low settings you can get quick renders.
Using Houdini Indie 20.0
Windows 11 64GB Ryzen 16 core.
nVidia 3050RTX 8BG RAM.
11 posts
yeah it's prolly better to use karma. if you use karma xpu and you have an Nvidia gpu (well you have to for now), you can turn on "Optix denoiser'.

Optix denoiser might make things too blurry for a final render, but it can make a nicer looking image really quickly if you are rendering at lower settings.
2 posts
I'm trying now with a Karma ROP, and It renders completely black frames instead. It happened with ROP OpenGL too, but I managed to fix it somehow and then it broke again. Any ideas of what could it be?
  • Quick Links