Color Pick in Composite View

6646   5   1
383 posts
Is there a way to determine the color under the cursor in Composite View ?
I want to choose a color for the luma-key node by click and not by numeric input. Didnt find anything in Help with a very quick search ..
www.woogieworks.at
68 posts
“In the process, Mr Ron shared about Houdini's colour picker, always want to pick colours from image files like what i do in photoshop but imagined Houdini being able to do it. Just MMB on the colour parm and drag mouse over to the image to pick it's colours.”

Per, http://lghsh204.blogspot.com/2011/04/day-36-3rd-render-was-slightly.html [lghsh204.blogspot.com]

MMB = Middle mouse button.

This works.
383 posts
Thanks ! That helps, but it doesnt work in the lumakey node where I would have liked to pick the color to be a limit to key, but I now can help my self with another node with a color swatch and copy the values by hand from there.
www.woogieworks.at
68 posts
“lumakey node where I would have liked to pick the color to be a limit to key”

I thought you had that part and was only wanting to know how to pick the color via a color on the image itself. I am new at Houdini but I think you would need to add/modify the parameter interface on the lumakey node itself.

You would have to add a color parameter and then link the setting to the luminance some way. I'll look at it more when I get a chance but I would be surprised if it wasn't possible some way.

I know I was looking at the color replace node and wishing the only source color option wasn't just the “wheel” but rather a single color parameter, then you could just MMB the specific color on the image as the source. I'm sure it can be done by modifying the paramter interface, I'm just not experienced in the software yet.
Staff
5165 posts
There's a prompt in the status bar that will tell you how to pick colors for keying. Press ‘o’ and paint select (LMB drag) or box select (Ctrl+LMB drag).
68 posts
twod,

My wife says I am not very observant. ; ) I was looking for a complicated solution for no reason. Thanks!
  • Quick Links