swimming textures

4162   3   1
68 posts
hello,

I know this has been asked a lot because i have read about it before I posted this. So, yes, I failed to understand what I read. So I'm using vopmaterial and texture in shops. Here's what I tried to stop the swimming texture.

1-
surface globals > position > restpos(object) > transform(current to object) >surface normal

in sops, i have the rest sop with an bgeo animated geometry and a version of the same geometry with a timeblend( 1, 1 ) plugged into.

2-
uvcoords > vector to float > texure s/t coordinate

2-
shading layer > vector to float > texure s/t coordinate

What confuses me is where to surface position P after plugged into restposSHOP.

Thank you very much.
257 posts
Hey there,

this is happening because Houdini uses camera space by default. Like what you read from other posts, rest position does the trick - here's a file, rest position (object space) took care of swimming noise.

eitht.

Attachments:
swimming_noise_rest_pos.hipnc (129.8 KB)

68 posts
Thanks for the answer eitht.

I just tested your file and it worked! Now, I have no idea how to apply it using a textureVEX in Shops. I thought the parameter is hidden but I couldn't find it in edit parameters window. So, how do I use restpos with texture in shops? Thanks!
68 posts
nevermind I got it! As suggested, I used the restpos as S/T coordinate. Not exactly certain why it works but thats for another day. Thanks again man for showing it, really appreciate it.
  • Quick Links