Lens Flare in Houdini...

10490   3   1
2 posts
i put an Atmosphere obj unto da scene, created a lens flare shader (hei ok i d/led it sumwhere xD) but doesn't matter whether the Atms obj setting is Fog or LensFlare, doesn't matter its SHOP shading is set to the LensF shader or not, VMantra jux doesn't show me any lens flare~!! Moo~!! and ditto OMantra.

but then i'm jux a newbie ^^;;. Any help is appreciated~ (duh~!)
2 posts
come on… it's been eons and still no answer.. i think people just ignore the noobie topic
7715 posts
I don't have your lensflare shader so don't know why you don't get a lensflare. I had no problems however just putting down a VEX Z-Depth Fog SHOP down and then referencing it from the Atmosphere object's SHOP Volume Shader parameter. Make sure the display flag on your Atmosphere Object is turned on. Then render.

Hope that helps.
1 posts
OK this might be ressurecting the dead. But I just got this to work. If it is the same lens_flare.otl that we downloaded, then you need to find vexnotes.h from a pre version 13 of Houdini and put it in a vex/include folder within HOUDINI_PATH, then the shader should work as you are setting it up.

S.
  • Quick Links