Modify uv map of multiple shapes of single Alembic SOP in Houdini by Python

2039   2   1
22 posts
I have an Alembic SOP in Houdini with the abc file it points containing multiple shapes. The uv maps of the shapes were edited in maya later (Assume that the abc file was exported from maya). Now, how can I edit/update the uv map of each shape in the single Alembic SOP in Houdini, without re-exporting from maya to alembic and reloading in Houdini?

If it's by connecting uvunwrap node, how can I modify u and v values of each vertex without using a Python node connected after uvunwrap node? Any sample code?

Thanks
Joj
22 posts
Forgot to add: I have exported the uv details of each shape in some readable format, by using getUvs() and getAssignedUvs() functions of pymel.core. Now I need to import these values to the “old” alembic file (without new uv) opened in Houdini.
22 posts
Forgot to update here:
I did it by using a Python node connected to the ununwrap node finally that time. But this needed loading the abc geometry into houdini scene which slows down the artist's work. Then I ended up in doing the uv modification in the alembic file directly by using alembic plugin and cask module, without opening any software.
  • Quick Links