Houdini recalculating every node when just pressing "save"

1719   4   1
5 posts
Houdini recalculating every node when just pressing "save" project.

Recalculating when we start the program is fine. But i am the guy who saves frequently in between working. Everytime i click save, houdini clears the memory and start recooking. I am not even closing and reopening software.

why houdini clear the memory when just pressing "save", while the software is still open and everything is still the same.?

Is there any way to turn it off.?
I think it is not necessary to recalculate after just pressing "save". Am i wrong.?

or is this is a bug? I am just confused.

Houdini 19.5.435
windows 11
ryzen 5 3500
gtx 1660
166 posts
This shouldn't be happening. I believe it can happen when you save it under a new file name but not when you save the current file.
I hit Ctrl+S every couple of minutes for paranoia reasons and haven't had this issue, am still on Houdini 19 though.
Staff
467 posts
If you are able to, please submit a support request with your scene file so that we can investigate. It definitely should not be doing this.
5 posts
The problem is with "hf erode" node.

if we don't put a "filecache" node after "HF erode" node, Houdini will recalculate each and every node under "Erode node" when we click "save as" with a new file name.

yes, this happens only when we save as with new file name. Is it normal.?

I will attach the project file.

Attachments:
recooking_on_save.hipnc (602.1 KB)

Staff
6205 posts
Thank you for the file. We can reproduce that, and it does seem very suspicious.

I've submitted a bug with internal tracking number 125726.

Thank you for reporting this!
  • Quick Links