Will the next version of APEX have more convenient features?

978   7   1
4 posts
I hope to add convenient features such as dropdown menus in APEX. With too many nodes and various callbacks requiring precise input, it takes too long to create simple rigs now. Creating complex rigs will be even more challenging. I have high hopes for APEX and also hope that SideFX can update more tutorials, as there are still too few channels for in-depth understanding.
7732 posts
Dropdown menus where and for what purpose? The need for more tutorials is very well understood but we're holding off a little bit as we refine the feature set or else they will quickly go out of date. One thing for sure is adding a lot more auto rigging components so that simplify building common rigs.
4 posts
edward
Dropdown menus where and for what purpose? The need for more tutorials is very well understood but we're holding off a little bit as we refine the feature set or else they will quickly go out of date. One thing for sure is adding a lot more auto rigging components so that simplify building common rigs.

Thank you for your response~
I eagerly looking forward to the next version of APEX and the accompanying tutorials.

Given the current stringent process based on strings, I wonder if features like dropdown menus or smart search could be implemented to streamline user input, allowing for quicker experimentation with rig logic.

Any simplification efforts (without compromising flexibility) would be greatly appreciated as optimization.
7732 posts
Are you referring to string parameters on APEX nodes? Or somewhere else?
4 posts
edward
Are you referring to string parameters on APEX nodes? Or somewhere else?

I believe so. Many input port require rename, callbacks, TransformObject names, etc. It might not be easy to check these back, and I find it difficult to locate where errors in strings occur. Once I have more links, it will be easier to expose issues. I need to be very cautious and slow.

Or if error messages could indicate a Mismatched string or stream data locations, that would be nice too.
7732 posts
Error handling work is still pending on the TODO list. I'd need to think about how to accommodate something like this in the future because it requires cooking the entire graph to be able to provide them. If don't mind, please log an RFE for this.
4 posts
edward
Error handling work is still pending on the TODO list. I'd need to think about how to accommodate something like this in the future because it requires cooking the entire graph to be able to provide them. If don't mind, please log an RFE for this.

Yep,Thx again,waiting for the next version.
11 posts
i don't really find the autorig presets that helpful maybe the bonedeform and fktransform, others wont work properly or just missing small things.
  • Quick Links