Switching display flag between two COP nodes

514   6   0
442 posts
Is there a shortcut or something to quickly switch the display flag between two or more COP nodes?

Currently Houdini offers a feature to compare two COP nodes' outputs side by side:

But I think it's still a bit inconvenient when the difference is very subtle. Ideally I'd like to have a draggable slider between, or switch the display flag between two nodes quickly.

Is it possible?

Attachments:
Screenshot 2024-03-26 084312.png (436.2 KB)

7770 posts
use the diffing tool and template flag to compare with different methods like wipe or blend.
442 posts
jsmack
use the diffing tool and template flag to compare with different methods like wipe or blend.

Could you elaborate a bit? What's diffing tool? You mean Diff COP node?

And template flag in COP context is quite confusing to me. When I turn it on it seems to do the exact same thing display flag...?
7770 posts
right click the viewer and select Diff...
Then the top ui will change to the diff ui, the same as in mplay and the render view. The menu at the top can select with which image to compare.

Edit:
It looks like it's broken in H20. In 19.5 it looks like this:
Edited by jsmack - March 25, 2024 23:52:44

Attachments:
difftool.png (399.2 KB)

442 posts
Thank you very much. It works in H20 for me too, but a little awkwardly: the display flag somehow moves along with the template flag (???)
7770 posts
raincole
Thank you very much. It works in H20 for me too, but a little awkwardly: the display flag somehow moves along with the template flag (???)

Yeah, that's why it's broken. It's not supposed to. It takes a bunch of clicking around to get the diff to show since the wrong flag moves.
1 posts
Could you elaborate a bit? What's diffing tool? You mean Diff COP node?
  • Quick Links