Transformation after transformation (POPNET)

394   2   2
10 posts
Hello! I would like to ask for assistance. I'm transforming the shape from the blue starting form to the yellow form. I'm doing the transformation with popnet. It works, and the collisions behave as I want them to. The red nodes are necessary for exporting and checking. What I need help with is that after transforming from one form to another, I would like the transformed shape to also transform into a 3rd form, or 4th, etc. I've tried creating a second popnet and adjusting the start time and birth part in the popnet, then merging them together, but it always resulted in some terrible outcome. I probably connected something in the wrong place. I would like it to, for example, transform into the 3rd form from frame 10,000 to frame 20,000. As I saw, it performs the first transformation within 10,000 frames at the speed I find suitable. Someone will surely understand everything at once, but I can't Thank you.

Attachments:
nodes.png (59.7 KB)
screenshot.png (1.2 MB)
transform 04 02.hiplc (864.7 KB)

25 posts
Here's one approach - I've added a switch and animated it to change which "goal" attribute gets copied to your start points, then in the popnet I've added an extra POP wrangle to update the particle's goal from the input. You can add as many shapes as you need to the switch and increment its "Select Input" when you want to start particles heading towards their next goal.

Attachments:
transform 04 02-updategoals.hiplc (868.6 KB)

https://www.noad.co [www.noad.co]
10 posts
danfitz82
Here's one approach - I've added a switch and animated it to change which "goal" attribute gets copied to your start points, then in the popnet I've added an extra POP wrangle to update the particle's goal from the input. You can add as many shapes as you need to the switch and increment its "Select Input" when you want to start particles heading towards their next goal.
Like your last assistance, this one works perfectly as well. It's obvious that I'm still a beginner in this, unfortunately Thank you
  • Quick Links