Lightlinker broken

263   1   0
40 posts
Ok, so before I report this, it would be great to know if other people have the same issues with the lightlinker that I do.

In the attached video you see me trying to assign the red/blue light to the ground and the green light to the torus. Disabling the lightlinker also seems to break things and disabling entries in the lightlinker also does weird things.

It doesn't get easier than that. Funny enough it sometimes works just fine (up to the point where I can't break it) and sometimes the simplest things don't work. The issues with the light linker have been there for ever. I did at least once (if not twice) report a bug and I do believe that it was better at some point but never really worked reliably.

Please try the attached scene. The renderer does not seem to play a role in this, it does not work with cpu nor xpu (or vray for that matter). Restaring the renderdelegate seems to fix it until it breaks again. Its not a problem with husk as long as you render only one frame per husk session. If you render multiple frame (which we sometimes do with quick renders to save time on husk startup) in one husk session, the lightlinker might break from one frame to the next pretty randomly.

This is all in the latest production build.

This needs to be fixed once and for all.

Attachments:
lightlinking_broken.hip (795.0 KB)
2024-04-16_17-21-01_2.mp4 (6.6 MB)

Staff
4444 posts
Please submit a bug if you haven't done so already!
  • Quick Links