HDK: Mantra Procedurals

3349   1   0
56 posts
Hello all!
I'm a total HDK newb here, so please bear with me! I've got Apprentice installed, and fooling around with the HDK on Ubuntu 7.10. Got the sop and pop types from the HDK toolkit to work, but I have a few questions on the Mantra Procedurals.

I compiled them, but do they need to be run from the Generic Geometry SHOP or can they have an interface like the Fur Procedural, Sprite procedural etc?

Also, I was trying the DemoVolumeSphere procedural, mantra just errors out, even with V5, nothing is displayed in the terminal…. any ideas? Mantra -V8 lists it as installed :?:

Thanks!

Alvin
71 posts
AlvinYap
Hello all!
I compiled them, but do they need to be run from the Generic Geometry SHOP or can they have an interface like the Fur Procedural, Sprite procedural etc?

Hi Alvin,

I ran into the same issue – at the moment, I don't think there is an automatic way to generate the SHOP for a VRAY procedural. I hacked one together myself by modifying an existing SHOP.

You can extract any otl into a directory structure with hotl -x:
hotl -x OPlibShopVMantra $HH/otls/OPlibShopVMantra.otl

You can then copy an existing vm_geo shop, modify it, put it in its own directory and create an otl with hotl -c:
hotl -c mydir MyMantraNode.otl

cheers,
-Mark
  • Quick Links